Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Thousand Times a Day: Addicted to Aspartame Day 31

I'm not a country music fan, but there is one song from the '80s that I love and it has crossed my mind quite a bit this month. While Patty Loveless' lyrics are comparing an alcohol /cigarette addiction to breaking up with her boyfriend, it resonated with me during my detox from diet sodas. Here's the song:



Today is June 1st. which means I went the entire month of May (31 days!!!!) without diet soda, soda, or anything containing aspartame!  Although I set up this blog in an attempt to entertain and advise readers on the dangers of aspartame, I did not have any real negative problems during the process.

I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE HARDER

I felt better this month: No tinnitus, no headaches, no blurred vision, no dizziness, no muscle spasms. Plus, the popping and pain in my jaw has stopped, which I think has more to do with me pulling with coconut oil each day...( Read more about that here.) When I take my jeans right out of the dryer, they are no longer cutting off blood circulation. I have less erratic behavior and mood swings, also, which my husband loves. I'm going to the gym a few times a week now, too, which is a sign my energy level has increased.

Do the improvements in my mind, body, and soul stem from this new aspartame-free lifestyle? I don't know, but it sure seems ironic.........

I gave up Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Coke a thousand times a day...............

No comments:

Post a Comment